As a resident of New York, you know that the fall season is one of the most beautiful times of the year. While there’s nothing wrong with enjoying the weather and surroundings, don’t overlook the impact this season can have on how you drive.
Here are five fall driving safety tips you must follow at all times:
- Watch for changing weather: You never know when heavy rain or strong wind will move into the area, thus increasing your risk of an accident.
- Watch for slick spots: Early morning temperatures are falling, so the risk of slick spots on the roadways is very real.
- Clear frost before hitting the road: If you don’t do this, a lack of visibility greatly increases the chance of an accident.
- Beware of wildlife: The fall season is when wildlife activity reaches its peak. For example, deer are active during the early morning and evening hours.
- Focus on vehicle maintenance: There are many things you can do to maintain your vehicle as a means of enhancing your safety. For example, keep your tires properly inflated and make sure your windshield wipers are in good working condition.
As you follow these fall driving safety tips, don’t be surprised if you come across other drivers who have yet to alter their approach. These people are a hazard to others, as they’re making poor decisions that increase the risk of an accident.
If you’re part of a motor vehicle crash, check yourself for injuries and then call for help. Once you receive treatment, you can confidently contact your insurance company to file a claim and learn more about your legal rights for seeking compensation.