Property Owners Have Responsibilities
Generally, the owner of a property is responsible for keeping the property reasonably safe for guests, or at least warning them of any dangers. When accidents occur on the property due to unsafe conditions, the injured person may bring a premises liability claim against them for damages. Although people often refer to these accidents as a slip-and-fall, they can include any type of accident, such as falling objects, dog bites or even inadequate security that leads to an attack.
At Tinari, O'Connell & Osborn, LLP, our attorneys can help you obtain the compensation you deserve for slip-and-fall and other premises liability injuries. With decades of legal experience and a strong commitment to providing personalized service, we will help you through every step of your personal injury matter from beginning to end, with the goal of obtaining a favorable settlement or verdict.
What Can Lead To A Premises Liability Claim?
At Tinari, O'Connell & Osborn, our lead attorneys each have over 30 years of legal experience, meaning they have seen countless premises liability claims. A few examples of premises liability claims include:
- Grocery store spills — Slippery floors can lead to falls.
- Roof collapses — Falling debris can cause head injuries, broken bones or worse.
- Ladder collapses — Broken ladders can lead to falls from a height.
- Dangerous sidewalk conditions— Uneven and broken pavement can trip people.
- Failure to remove dangerous ice and snow — Slippery walkways may cause falls.
- Dog and other animal bites — Owners are responsible for keeping their pets under control.
- Inadequate security — Poor lighting and unattended spaces leave people vulnerable to theft and attacks.
Who Is Responsible?
We represent clients in premises liability claims against companies and individuals. Many people do not want to bring a claim against an individual, especially a family member or friend. It is important to note that the insurance companies usually handle these cases, so you will not be taking compensation directly from the individual. Further, our lawyers will handle your case discreetly and professionally to help ensure that you can maintain the relationships that are important to you.
Discuss Your Premises Liability Case Today
We welcome the opportunity to discuss your slip-and-fall case in a free initial consultation. Call 631-904-0308 or contact us online to learn more.